Cassidy wants YOU!
Cassidy & Associates, a leading federal government relations firm with over forty years of experience helping a diverse client base promote their interests in Washington, DC, is seeking public policy interns. We are looking for college students and/or recent graduates who want to help execute interdisciplinary research, policy analysis, and business development projects. Our team is eager to develop projects that will optimize on the selected intern’s academic strengths and help grow his or her professional skill set.
Our internships are either paid or for school credit. Graduate interns work full time (40 hours/ week); current student can work full time or part time based on their availability.
Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, with an interdisciplinary approach to problem solving; flexible and thrives working both independently and in a team; a self-starter that is able to take initiative; and possesses the ability to research and synthesize information from a variety of government sources.
- You must be a student or recent graduate who received academic credit at an accredited college or university.
- Rising junior, senior or recent college graduate preferred.
- Strong writing skills
- Demonstrated expertise or experience in one or more of the above described policy issues
- Background in political science, economics, and/or public policy
- Capitol Hill experience with a premium on specific issue area expertise
- Demonstrated interest in public policy
- Familiarity with Federal legislative and regulatory process
- Familiarity with federal policy information resources (e.g. Thomas, FDsys, Federal Register, FedBizOpps)
- Interest in business development is preferred, but not essential
- Internships are a maximum of four months in duration. We will accommodate shorter term internships as needed.
- You are expected to work 40 hours a week. We will consider a more flexible schedule for current students.
- Applicants who receive school credit for their internship will be unpaid.
- All Service Members (Veterans, Active Duty, Reserve, and National Guard) are encouraged to apply.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 page writing sample to email@example.com.
Cassidy & Associates is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Cassidy & Associates recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.