Cassidy & Associates is proud to sponsor Defense Communities 2016 National Summit this week in Washington. Understanding the mission of our nation’s military installations and the communities that support them and what it takes to be “at the ready” is the focus of this year’s annual summit.
Did you know just how great an impact these communities have on our nation’s economy?
- With over 1.3 million men and women on active duty, and 742,000 civilian personnel, the Department of
Defense is the nation’s largest employer.
- The indirect and direct employment associated with the U.S. aerospace and defense industry is a minimum of 3.5 million jobs.
- The Department of Defense utilizes over 30 million acres of land.
- DoD has approximately 431,000 facilities or assets in the U.S.
- The total industry generated an estimated $37.8 billion in wage and income-based taxes of employees to state and federal government treasuries.